Chess Achieves is introducing chess to youth; we help kids achieve more through chess. Chess gives kids confidence that carries over to many other pursuits. Reading and math skills of children who play chess consistently soar. Their social skills increase substantially with respect to playing fairly, courage facing difficult situations or opponents, and the patience needed for exceptional timing. Troubled youth benefit from chess with increased interest in learning and a reduction of performance distracting outbursts.
- Chess improves concentration.
- Chess develops logical and critical thinking.
- Chess promotes imagination and creativity.
- Chess teaches independence.
- Chess makes relationships between actions and consequences.
- Chess inspires self-motivation.
- Chess shows that hard work is rewarded with success.